Description & Features
What is this software?
This software lets you sync your Palm device with your computer, so your info is backed up and easily editable on your computer.
Keep your information up to date wherever you are. When you sync, any changes you've made to Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos are automatically added to your computer or your Palm device.
Palm Desktop is the desktop personal information manager. HotSync Manager controls synchronization. Both are included in a single download on this page.
If you sync with Microsoft Outlook, you still should install this software.
- Palm Centro; Treo 755p , 700p, 680, 650
- Palm TX, Z22; Tungsten E2
- Windows Vista Basic, Home Premium, Business and Ultimate
- Windows XP Home and Professional (32-bit editions)
- Windows Media Center Edition 2005
- Information about Windows 7 and 64-bit editions of Windows:
- Windows 7: Many users have successfully installed and run Palm Desktop 6.2 software with Windows 7. Palm has not done thorough testing with a range of third-party equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot guarantee compatibility.
- 64-bit editions of Windows: USB HotSync is not supported. Instead, synchronize through a Bluetooth wireless connection: set up Bluetooth HotSync.
- 250 MB available hard disk space
- One available USB port and cable for synchronization (not required for Bluetooth synchronization)
- Not compatible with dual- or multiple-CPU computers.
Don't meet the system requirements? Get a different version of Palm Desktop
No support for other Windows versions & systems
- Server editions, or Tablet PC editions of Windows. Not supported.
- Dual- or Multiple-CPU computers. Not supported. Please note, this is not the same as a dual- or multi-core processor, which is compatible with Palm Desktop.
What's new in Palm Desktop 6.2?
Version information - precise software versions installed: Palm Desktop 6.2.2 and HotSync Manager 7.0.2.
Integrated Desktop: Single desktop and conduit compatibility across all Palm OS 3.5.x through 5.4.x devices.
Install Tool: The Install Tool, which replaces the "Palm Quick Install" tool, lets you sync .prc and .pdb files (Palm OS applications and databases) to your device.
Outlook 2007 synchronization: Allows you to use your USB sync cable to synchronize with Outlook 2007's Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes. This version includes all previously released patches such as the Outlook 2007 Update.
What's NOT in this software?
Palm Quick Install Tool: The Palm Quick Install Tool has been replaced by the Install Tool, which lets you install applications onto your device through HotSync.
VersaMail HotSync synchronization: You will not be able to synchronize email through the USB sync cable. Wireless email synchronization, including Exchange ActiveSync with Outlook, is not affected by this limitation.
Birthdays and Anniversary reminders that appear in the Calendar on your Palm device will not appear in the Calendar in the Palm Desktop application. This does not apply to manually created Calendar events; it only applies to reminders triggered from the Contacts application fields for Birthday and Anniversary on your device. These reminders will not appear in Palm Desktop, but they will be backed up on your computer when you sync, and they will be restored to your Palm device if you erase your device and then sync to retrieve data from a backup.
Color coding of events in the Calendar is no longer supported.
64-bit Editions of Windows Vista are not supported for USB synchronization. However, 64-bit Windows users may be able to sync through a Bluetooth wireless connection. After installing Palm Desktop 6.2, see: Synchronizing under 64-bit Windows Vista: Bluetooth HotSync setup.
You may need to re-install third-party applications with which you currently synchronize. Check with the third-party software's vendor for updates.
How To Install
Do not un-install previous versions of Palm Desktop. If you have an existing version of Palm Desktop on your PC, leave it as-is, and install this version on top of it.
For the best experience, restart your PC and quit all running applications before installing this software.