Description & Features
What is this software?
This software lets you sync your Palm device with your computer, so your info is backed up and easily editable on your computer.
Keep your information up to date wherever you are. When you sync, any changes you've made to Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos are automatically added to your computer or your Palm device.
Palm Desktop is the desktop personal information manager. HotSync Manager controls synchronization. Both are included in a single download on this page.
If you sync with Microsoft Outlook or Entourage, you still should install this software.
- Zire 31, 71, 72
- Tungsten T5, T3
- Treo 650
- Treo 755p, 700p, 680; Tungsten E2; and Palm TX, Z22: these devices are also compatible with this software (but we recommend version 6.2 instead)
- Windows XP Home and Professional
Please note: 64-bit Windows XP is not supported for USB synchronization. However, 64-bit Windows users may be able to sync through a Bluetooth wireless connection. After installing Palm Desktop 6.2, see: Synchronizing under 64-bit Windows versions: Bluetooth HotSync setup.
- Windows 2000
- Information about Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 64-bit editions of Windows:
- Windows Vista: If you have Windows Vista (32-bit), please install Palm Desktop 6.2 instead.
- Windows 7: Many users have successfully installed and run Palm Desktop 6.2 software with Windows 7. Palm has not done thorough testing with a range of third-party equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot guarantee compatibility.
- 64-bit editions of Windows: USB HotSync is not supported. You may be able to sync Palm Desktop 6.2 through a Bluetooth wireless connection.
- 16 MB RAM minimum (32 MB recommended)
- 50 MB available hard disk space
- One available USB port and cable for synchronization (not required for Bluetooth synchronization)
- Not compatible with dual- or multiple-CPU computers.
Don't meet the system requirements? Get a different version of Palm Desktop
Limited support for other Windows versions & systems
- Server editions, or Tablet PC editions of Windows. Not supported.
- Dual- or Multiple-CPU computers. Not supported. Please note, this is not the same as a dual- or multi-core processor, which is compatible with Palm Desktop.
This is Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager only. Bonus applications, which may have been on your Palm device's CD, are not included with this download.
What if I already have version 4.2? If you currently have Palm Desktop 4.2 on your desktop PC, do not install version 4.1.4e from this page. Version 4.2 is available only on the software CDs for some Palm devices; it is not available online.
How To Install
Do not un-install previous versions of Palm Desktop. If you have an existing version of Palm Desktop on your PC, leave it as-is, and install this version on top of it.
For the best experience, restart your PC and quit all running applications before installing this software.