Description & Features
What is this software?
This software lets you sync your Palm device with your computer, so your info is backed up and easily editable on your computer.
Keep your information up to date wherever you are. When you sync, any changes you've made to Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos are automatically added to your computer or your Palm device.
Palm Desktop is the desktop personal information manager. HotSync Manager controls synchronization. Both are included in a single download on this page.
If you sync with Microsoft Outlook or Entourage, you still should install this software.
- Centro; Treo 755p , 700p, 680, 650, 600
- Zire 72, 71, 31, 21, original Zire
- Palm TX, Z22; Tungsten E2; Zire 72, 71; LifeDrive
- Mac OS X (version 10.1.2 through 10.5.x)
- Not compatible with Mac OS 9 or earlier.
- 65 MB free hard disk space
- One available USB port for synchronization
Don't meet the system requirements? Get a different version of Palm Desktop
PowerPC and Intel Core Duo
Palm Desktop and HotSync Manager software works with both of these processors. We have found no significant new issues using our software with the Intel Core Duo processors found in Macs such as the MacBook Pro.
How To Install
Before you begin:
- Be sure you are logged in to your Mac with admin privileges. If you're not sure how to do this, refer to Apple support.
- Keep your Mac's admin password in mind. You'll need to enter it during installation.
Download & install:
- Download the file and double-click it (PalmDesktopMac421Revd.dmg).
- After your Mac mounts the file, a new icon named palmOneSoftware.pkg will appear in the same location. Double-click this item.
- The Palm Desktop installer wizard will begin. Follow the onscreen instructions to install Palm Desktop on your Mac.
- When installation is finished, you may drag and drop the palmOneSoftware.pkg item to the Trash, or archive it on your Mac hard drive for future reference.