Description & Features
What is this software?
This software lets you sync your Palm device with your computer, so your info is backed up and easily editable on your computer.
Keep your information up to date wherever you are. When you sync, any changes you've made to Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Memos are automatically added to your computer or your Palm device.
Palm Desktop is the desktop personal information manager. HotSync Manager controls synchronization. Both are included in a single download on this page.
If you sync with Microsoft Outlook or Entourage, you still should install this software.
- Tungsten C, E, T, T2, T3, W
- Zire 71, 31, 21, Zire2
- Palm m500, m100 series
- Palm VII, V, III series
- Palm i705
- Windows XP Home and Professional (32-bit editions)
- Windows 2000
- Windows ME
- Windows 98
- Information about Windows Vista, Windows 7 and 64-bit editions of Windows:
- Windows Vista: If you have Windows Vista (32-bit), please install Palm Desktop 6.2 instead.
- Windows 7: Many users have successfully installed and run Palm Desktop 6.2 software with Windows 7. Palm has not done thorough testing with a range of third-party equipment running Windows 7, therefore Palm cannot guarantee compatibility.
- 64-bit editions of Windows: USB HotSync is not supported. You may be able to sync Palm Desktop 6.2 through a Bluetooth wireless connection.
- 50 MB available hard disk space
- One available USB port for synchronization
- Not compatible with dual- or multiple-CPU computers. Note: this is not the same as a dual- or multi-core processor, which is compatible with Palm Desktop.
If you haven't installed the software from your original Palm CD, do so now. Then install update to the version on this page. Additional conduits and applications are included on the CD version, such as conduits to sync pictures and videos. If you don't have the CD, you can install the version on this page, but you may be unable to sync some multimedia items.
How To Install
Do not un-install previous versions of Palm Desktop. If you have an existing version of Palm Desktop on your PC, leave it as-is, and install this version on top of it.
For the best experience, restart your PC and quit all running applications before installing this software.