Double-click the downloaded file to decompress it. Your computer will unzip the file to a folder containing several individual files.
Description & Features
Released September 21, 2007
What is this software?
As part of our continuous effort to give customers the best possible experience, Palm offers an update that features performance and reliability enhancements.
This update includes a fix to intermittent network connectivity problems previously reported. If you downloaded and ran this update prior to Sept. 18, 2007, re-download and re-run this update to install the connectivity fix?1;.
- Performance improvements to phone application
- System improvements to minimize skipping during music playback and eliminate audio delays experienced on some games
- Performance improvement to minimize delays experienced when loading Blazer browser
- Support for new daylight savings time legislation, plus a simplified Date/Time preference panel
- Increased expansion card support including 4GB SD cards and SDHC cards
- Resolution of certain "wake up" issues that may occur with certain third party push email solutions
- Improved handling of SMS messages to lessen stalling of messages.
- For customers using Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 with SP 2 and above, an update to VersaMail client now includes an update to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync which adds Microsoftâ??s Direct Push Technology for push email, calendar and contacts. Also adding other EAS functionality such as remote wipe, policy support, and global address lookup
Bluetooth wireless technology enhancements:
- Increases list of supported/compatible Bluetooth wireless carkits, including BMW and Toyota/Lexus (Denso)
- Improves overall user experience with supported Bluetooth wireless carkits and headsets (e.g. allow user to manually connect / disconnect to a Bluetooth device)
1 - The initial version of the Palm Treo 700p Updater 1.10, posted on July 12, 2007 incorrectly set a data connectivity parameter which may have produced an error when trying to connect to network data services.
The errors associated with this issue may include: "Error 3000" errors when attempting to browse; or "PPP Link Time Out error 0x1231" when attempting to connect to data.
The Treo 700p Update 1.10 was modified to properly program the parameter which had been incorrectly set. The update process on devices which have already run the 1.10 update should only take a few minutes. If the device was successfully updated previously, the entire update will not be applied. The updater will only run as long as is necessary to update the data connectivity parameters.
Do you need this update?
- Install this software if your Treo 700p is on the Verizon network. The update will not work on any other Treo smartphones.
- This update is for Windows XP and Windows 2000 only. Windows Vista users must install this update through a memory card: How to install (Vista + memory card) ....
- Make sure Palm Desktop 4.2 is installed on your desktop PC. Need Palm Desktop?
- Plug your smartphone into its AC charger and keep it plugged in throughout the update.
- Keep an eye on your smartphone and the Windows desktop installer during the update. Respond to prompts and alerts in a timely manner.
- Good Mobile Messaging users: Follow our special instructions to back up your Good Mobile Messaging applications and provisioning data before proceeding with the updater: More ...
- Do not reset, turn off, jostle, or unplug your device until the update is complete.