Double-click the downloaded file to decompress it. Your computer will unzip the file to a folder containing several individual files.
Description & Features
Released June 2, 2006
What is this software?
This software lets you use selected devices with the Universal Wireless Keyboard. The drivers on this page include updated versions of the driver on the Universal Wireless keyboard installation CD.
The Universal Wireless Keyboard driver version 1.13 fixes the following issues inherent in the version 1.0 driver included on the CD:
- Provides Support for the Palm Treo 700p.
- Includes fixes for Bluetooth wireless compatibility issues seen on the Palm TX handheld with the 1.08 version of the driver installed.
- Completely replaces driver version 1.10 that was released for use on TX only.
The Universal Wireless Keyboard driver (Keyboard.prc) is not compatible with any previous Palm keyboard products. This is important because previous keyboard drivers also may have been named Keyboard.prc. The correct drivers for the Universal Wireless Keyboard look like the icons to the right.
These drivers should only be used in conjunction with the Universal Wireless Keyboard (3169WW and 3169WWZ). If you are using any other Palm or palmOne branded keyboard, use the driver supplied on the CD.
Compatibility with previous keyboard drivers
If you have previously installed the driver for a different keyboard, you may see these issues when you install the Universal Wireless Keyboard driver:
- Universal Wireless Keyboard driver overwrites the existing keyboard driver (keyboard.prc)
- Abnormal behavior when using any external keyboard
If you have ever used a keyboard from Palm other than the Universal Wireless Keyboard, and you have installed the driver for the Universal Wireless Keyboard, your device will only work with the Universal Wireless Keyboard. If you want to go back to using the previous keyboard, you will need to remove the Universal Wireless Keyboard driver (keyboard.prc) and reinstall the proper driver for use with the other keyboard. You can use the driver supplied on the CD.
- Only for: Palm TX, E2, handhelds, Treo 700p, 650 and 600; and LifeDrive devices.
- Looking for a version that's compatible with Tungsten T3, T5, E, C; Zire 21, 31, 71, 72? Get version 1.08 of these drivers instead.
- Looking for a version that's compatible with Treo 700w (Windows Mobile)? Get the Windows Mobile version of these drivers instead
How To Install
- After downloading the file (above), use a standard unzip utility to extract the driver from the compressed ZIP file you just downloaded. The actual driver is named Keyboard v113.prc.. Note the folder location in which the decompressed file is saved.
- Double-click the Keyboard v113.prc file.
- Windows: The Palm Quick Install window will open. Select your Palm device's user name from the list. Then close the Quick Install window.
- Mac: The Install Handheld Files window will open. Confirm the destination (it needs to be Handheld), then close the Install Handheld Files window.
- Perform a HotSync operation. The Universal Wireless Keyboard driver will be installed and activated.