SPNT_TreoProSMS_date.cab (400KB cab file)
Description & Features
Released February 8, 2010
What is this software?
When the year changed to 2010, this affected the Messaging application's ability to correctly display date stamps on SMS and MMS messages. Messages from 2010 display a date stamp of 2016.
The Treo Pro Date Stamp Update fixes the date stamp issue. With this update, SMS messages events now appear with the correct date stamp. It will also correct the date of any SMS messages you have already sent or received that display the wrong year.
Do I need this update?
If you have a Treo Pro phone on the Sprint network, you should install this update.
- Press Start , Select Settings.
- Select the System tab. Open About. Go to the Phone tab.
- Look at the Software Version.
- T850EWW-1.04-SPT: Yes, install this update.
- Anything else: No, do not install this update.
Note: If you do not have a Sprint-branded Treo Pro phone, do not install this update.
- Treo Pro phone on the Sprint network
- 1 MB free memory on device
How to install
You can download this update directly to your phone through its wireless Internet connection.
- Press Start. Select Internet Explorer.
- Enter this address: palm.com/treoprodatestampupdatesprint
- When the download window appears, select Save.
- Choose the location where you would like to download the file.
- When the download is complete, press Option + Start to open File Explorer.
- Navigate to the location where you downloaded the file SPNT_TreoProSMS_date.cab.
- Tap the file to launch the update.
- When installation is complete, select OK to reset your phone and complete the installation.
Via Desktop Download
If you prefer, you can download this update to your Windows PC and install it on your phone through the USB ActiveSync cable.
- Assure that your device has at least a 50% charge.
- Download the Treo Pro Date Stamp Update (SPNT_TreoProSMS_date.cab, at the top of the page) and save it to your desktop.
- Connect your phone to the ActiveSync cable and allow it to complete an ActiveSync operation.
- On your PC, open My Computer and then open Mobile Device.
- Open My Windows Mobile-Based Device.
- Open Program Files.
- Drag the SPNT_TreoProSMS_date.cab file from your desktop to the open Program Files folder. This will copy the update to your phone.
- Disconnect your phone from the ActiveSync cable.
- On your phone, press Option + Start to open File Explorer.
- In the upper left show list, select My Device.
- Open Program Files. Select the SPNT_TreoProSMS_date.cab file.
- When you see an alert about file conversion, select OK.
Un-installing the update
If you need to remove the Treo Pro Date Stamp Update, perform a hard reset.